Introducing smf12 Oct 2017
smf is pronounced /smɝf/
smf is a new RPC system and code generation like gRPC, Cap n Proto, Apache Thrift, etc, but designed for microsecond tail latency.
Current benchmarks in microseconds
|60 byte payload||latency|
- Code generation compiler for RPC
- Load testing framework for RPC subsystem
- Kernel-bypass RPC via DPDK
- 0-copy Serialization framework based on Google’s Flatbuffers project
- Arbitrary filter chaining on incoming and outgoing channels (like twitter’s Finagle)
- Small 16byte overhead
- Binary with pluggable compressors
We need your help!
We have a lot of issues marked as good first issue
Look at the contributing guideline for more details.
Take a look at the issue list or send an email to the smf-dev mailing List to get started.
Please see our quick getting started!